ANSYS nCode DesignLife
Making informed product design decisions to improve your product's durability is increasingly important in today’s highly competitive economic climate. Organizations are under pressure to reduce cost, decrease time to market and improve sustainability as well as push for longer product life. Product failure can result in recalls, high repair costs, legal liabilities and damage to a product brand. To be successful you need to reach the right balance in your product design. Designs that are too conservative are costly to manufacture and may not be competitive, while less conservative product designs may fail while in use.
Fatigue, a major source of product failure, can sometimes result in significant damage and injuries. When exposed to repeated cyclic loadings most products will eventually fail. Fatigue is caused by repeated or otherwise varying loads and only occurs from exposure to repetitive stress over time as microscopic changes become cracks that causes the malfunction. Breakdown of any product or part, even when not catastrophic, can result in hefty expenses. Optimizing the shape, size and materials employed by using simulation is the most cost-effective way to arrive at the desired product life.
The combination of reliable ANSYS structural mechanics technology and industry-leading simulation platform with time-tested durability capabilities from HBM delivers a product that is ideal for predicting product life. ANSYS nCode DesignLife enables engineers to evaluate product life using a complete fatigue simulation process. This process includes interfaces to CAD geometry, materials selection from engineering data in the ANSYS Workbench material library, automatic meshing, convenient application of initial conditions, simulation of the response of the structure and transfer of this information to the ANSYS nCode DesignLife module where the product life is determined, and optimization can occur.
|ANSYS Fatigue Products Version:R14.0|
Fatigue is a major source of product failure. Most products exposed to repeated cyclic loadings will eventually fail. Caused by repeated or otherwise varying loads, fatigue is a result of repetitive stress over time, as microscopic changes become cracks that cause malfunction. Optimizing a product’s shape, size and material via simulation is the most cost-effective way to arrive at the desired product life.
|2012-04-24 English 708.26 KB 570|
To complement the FEA and CFD simulation software from ANSYS, Inc, SimuTech Group provides sales, support, training and consulting services for fe-safe™ by Safe Technology.
fe-safe is a highly effective tool for fatigue analysis of FEA models.
- Used by leading companies in automotive, heavy truck, off-highway, marine, defense, offshore, power generation, wind energy, medical engineering and many other industries.
- Developed continuously since the early 1990’s in collaboration with industry to ensure that it continues to set the benchmark for fatigue analysis software.
- Was the first commercially available fatigue analysis software to focus on modern multiaxial strain based fatigue methods.
- Provides unique capabilities for thermomechanical fatigue and creep-fatigue, the fatigue analysis of composite materials and the Verity® Structural Stress method for welded joints.
- Renowned for its accuracy, speed, comprehensive capabilities and ease of use.
- Recognized by ASME for Section VIII Division 2, Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
Key Features of fe-safe:
- Calculates fatigue lives at every point on a model, producing contour plots to reveal fatigue lives and crack sites. Critical locations will not be missed
- Determines how much the stresses must be changed in order to achieve a target design life, showing clearly where the component is under strength or where material and weight can be saved
- Estimates warranty claim curves based on probabilities of failure
- Identifies which parts of a duty cycle are most damaging. In prototype testing this could mean shorter tests with fewer actuators
- Manufacturing effects such as residual stresses from a stamped or formed part, or the material variation effects in castings and forgings can be included
- Automatic detection of contact, with contact fatigue algorithms
- No special meshing is required. fe-safe works from a standard free tet mesh. Solid and shell elements can be combined on the same model
- Unique calculation of the fatigue life of welded joints using the Verity® Structural Stress method
- Unique calculation of composite materials using the physics based Multi-Continuum Technology (MCT) methods available in fe-safe/Composites™
Advanced fatigue analysis solution revealing fatigue lives and crack sites, and detemines how much the stresses must be changed to achieve target design life. Calculates weld fatigue and durability per ASME Section VIII Division 2. Verity® is cited as an approved method in ASME Section VIII, Division 2, Part 5 Design By Analysis, and API 579-1/ASME FFS-1 Fitness-For-Service.
|2012-04-24 English 913.54 KB 558|